SharePoint 2016, Sharepoint 2013, Sharepoint 2010, Windows Server 2012, Sql Server 2012,2014,IIS, Active Directory,User Profile Service, Managed MetaData Service, Search Service, Topology, Web Application, IIS, Site collection, List, Library, PowerShell, office web app, Windows Authentication, NTLM, Kerberos, Saml, ADFS, Active Directory Import, MIM, Failed to connect to the existing server farm, Event ID 3759, 5617, Sharepoint 2013 Cu issue – SharePoint

Failed to connect to the existing server farm, Event ID 3759, 5617, Sharepoint 2013 Cu issue

Today, we encountered a strange error while adding a new server (WFE) into existing SharePoint 2013 farm. After Installing the Binaries when I run the SharePoint Config Wizard, its throw the following error on connecting to Config DB

“Failed to connect to the existing server farm located at the specified database server and database name. The database Name is not Valid Configuration”

And If you check the Event Log you will see two errors Event ID 3759 & 5617, Lookalike something went wrong on my new server.

Error in Event Log

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Microsoft-SharePoint Products-SharePoint Foundation
Date:          10/3/2013 1:10:51 PM
Event ID:      3759
Task Category: Database
Level:         Error
Keywords:
User:          Services account
Computer:      Server Name
Description:
Database ‘Sharepoint2013_ConfigDB’ on SQL Server instance ‘databa seserver name’ is not empty and does not match current database schema.

*****************************************************
Log Name:      Application
Source:        Microsoft-SharePoint Products-SharePoint Foundation
Date:          10/3/2013 1:10:51 PM
Event ID:      5617
Task Category: Topology
Level:         Error
Keywords:
User:          service account
Computer:      Server Name
Description:
SharePoint object [SPConfigurationDatabase] is in an unsupported state, and could not be used by the current farm.

Solution:

We found the issue after trouble shooting that was we some who missed the June CU on new server. Great!

But when we trying to install the June CU but us ends up with another error “The expected version of the product was not found on the system”

Oh!

We forget another patch called “PU for SharePoint 2013” released in March 2013 and its mandatory for all future upgrade installation.

Ok now we install the PU for SharePoint 2013 & then June CU 2013, everything works as expected.

March PU: http://blogs.technet.com/b/stefan_gossner/archive/2013/03/21/march-public-update-for-sharepoint-2013-available-and-mandatory.aspx

June CU: http://blogs.technet.com/b/stefan_gossner/archive/2013/06/28/june-2013-cu-for-sharepoint-2013-has-been-released.aspx

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *